What Do I Give My Glam Goddess?
Glam Goddess (n.):
She's got a different liquid lipstick for every day of the year. She turns it out, full-glam, to shop for produce, and you love her for it. Your glam goddess has tried it all: microbladeding, lash extensions, cryo facials--and she's the girl you always text for the latest trends in beauty and skincare.
My gift guide vibe: The intention here is to curate a couple of cool-ass items for all the weird and wonderful people in your life. Trust, I can be all of these people at some point in my day, so we do not have to attend to any of these labels of our friends with any attachment—they are transient, but helpful, in narrowing down what to gift all the beautiful beings in your life. Enjoy, and as always, let me know in the comments below if you have any other ideas!
1. Jade Facial Roller ($29.99): She's tried all the trends in beauty and skincare--so this would be an excellent gift for your hybrid crystal/glam girl. I've been jade rolling for about two weeks, and I love how relaxing it is. I keep my little rolling doodad (technical term) in the freezer, and for an extra treat, I'll roll my face with a sheet mask on (#extraextra). The older I get, the more I value the treating my natural skin, not just piling layers of makeup on top of it (but that is so fun, too). All of this is to say: your glam goddess will feel extra goddess-y if you provide her with this new skincare tool (and probably a how-to link as well).
2. Sheet Masks (e.g. #afterparty by BioBelle, $25.00 for six): Pile this on with #1, and you are totally golden. Or, just get her a bunch of sheet masks and shove them in her Christmas stocking. Your glam gal can never have too many of these. Though BioBelle makes my favorites of all-time, I dabble in tony moly (I'm all about those anti-aging pumpkins ones) and this Dermal brand I order from Amazon, too.
3. Dry Bar Triple Sec 3-in-1 ($26.00 full-size, $13.00 mini): If your face is fly, you've gotta keep your hair on-point too, right? This product, hands-down, is the best volumizing/dry shampoo/general resuscitator on the planet. It smells divine, and it truly does the job it says it will do: bring you closer to God, via heightening your hair (j/k, they don't say that. I say that).
4. ColourPop Semi Precious Palette ($26.00): RAVE REVIEWS. This palette has been the gem (pun intended) of the ColourPop x Sephora collection. It's still new enough that there's a chance your lady friend doesn't have it yet, and she's bound to find some good YouTube tutorials on how to create some wild holiday looks.
5. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine Oil-in-Stick Lipstick ($37.00): Fancy-pants lipstick FTW. Pick one in a shade you know she'd wear, box the guy in a little velvet case, and BOOM. Super fancy, luxe gift. My dear friend Amy once gifted me a Tom Ford lipstick, and it still makes me feel some type of way when I pull it out. Give the gift of elegance this holiday season (This is now starting to sound like the Moet & Chandon SNL skit. I'll stop).
6. MAC Snowball Peach Face Bag Collection ($49.50): I saw this at Nordstrom's yesterday, and I'm just going to say it: best highlighter of all time. Not sure why I didn't buy it, to be honest. It's gorgeous, and the packaging is spectacular. She'll love it, and as an added bonus, she'll get a cute lil' bag to boot.
7. Beauty Blenders ($25.00): No explanation needed.
8. Farmacy Sleep Tight Firming Night Balm ($48.00): I'm throwing this guy on the end, because he's been a fan favorite in Allie's casa. It really is firming, it's super hydrating, and I think Farmacy is just a quality brand. As an added bonus, the wooden lids look really cute displayed on your bathroom counter. Farmacy also has a great gift set with four of their best-selling products, which I can attest to also being awesome--and it comes in an adorable metal tray.