What Do I Give My Babealicious Bookworm?
Bookish Babe (n.):
She likes big books and she cannot lie. Her bookshelf is stuffed to the brim with every genre imaginable, but she still carts home truckloads of reads from the library. Her TBR tower leans precariously on her nightstand, and she's the one with a fifty-pound purse full of hardcovers in the TSA line. She's always thrusting a new book in your direction, and she's not afraid to let you know she'd rather be reading.
My gift guide vibe: The intention here is to curate a couple of cool-ass items for all the weird and wonderful people in your life. Trust, I can be all of these people at some point in my day, so we do not have to attend to any of these labels of our friends with any attachment—they are transient, but helpful, in narrowing down what to gift all the beautiful beings in your life. Enjoy, and as always, let me know in the comments below if you have any other ideas!
1. Paddywax Library Collection Candle—John Steinbeck Scent ($20): Bookworms like to set the scene for their readathons, and that frequently requires blankets, beverages, and a softly glowing candle to cozy up their space. I waved my own computer wildly (and with reckless abandon) at my husband when I discovered this line of library candles. Emblazoned with a quote from the featured author and thematically scented, your bookish babe is going to love getting #lit with one of these while eating all the words.
2. Knock Knock Personal Library Kit ($16): She's always lending her books out, but rarely seeing them return to their home base. Problem solved with this freaking adorable home library kit. She'll love the old-school #libraryvibes, and she might even stand a chance of getting her precious tomes back promptly!
3. I Like Big Books Tote ($19.95): How else do you expect her to bring home the twenty-five library books she didn't even know she wanted to read?
4. The Wisdom of Sundays, Oprah Winfrey ($16.79): I'm putting this on the list because a.) She's a beautiful book to display, b.) I'm a bookworm who would love this as a gift, and c.) It's a compilation of some of the most profound insights collected from Oprah's Super Soul Sundays. I mean, c'mon, d.) All of the Above. Oprah had the OG book club, and she knows her stuff.
5. Book Sleeve (various prints, pineapple $8.99): This is a game-changer. Your bookworm babe undoubtedly has some beloved paperbacks that have seen better days, thanks to her propensity to tote them along with her wherever she goes. This sleeve protects the precious corners from bending, and will also keep her books safe from the assorted loose pens and highlighters floating around her gigantic carryall.
6. Gift Certificate for a Bookish Date: Normally I am not a gift cert. advocate, but in this case, it would be a really cool experience to gift your friend a gift certificate for her favorite local bookstore, another cert. to a favorite local coffee shop, then hand make a gift certificate to redeem for a day out, just the two of you. Coffee, books, and best friends. That's the good life, right there.
Any more ideas for our book babes? Leave them in the comments below. :)